Bring-Your-Own-Teacher Yoga Retreats
Shri Jasnath Asan provides modern facilities in a traditional Rajasthani landscape for your customized yoga retreat. Bring up to 12 students for a one or two week retreat – a hybrid of your activities and ours. You can teach all the retreat classes, or combine it with our ashram activities. SJA offers three ERYT 500 certified instructors (Indian, American, European) who provide a variety of Yoga Classes daily in asana, mantra, pranayama, mudra and bandha. Read more about Our Team.
Retreat center available Oct. 1 – Mar. 30
Black Out Dates
2018: Oct. 9-17
Package Daily Fees & Inclusions
- ₹ 1,250 Guest House- Double room with private or shared bath
- ₹ 900 Dormitory
- 3 vegetarian meals + 2 chai, water
- 1 hour karma yoga daily
- Evening puja & satsang
- 1 Fire Dance cultural event
- Tour of Thar Desert sand dunes
- Spiritual library
Facilities & Amenities
- 30 – person yoga hall with sound system, blocks, straps, benches, (used) Yoga mats
- 24-Hour Beverage bar: fresh juice, coffee, chai, medicinal teas
- 5 additional outside yoga venues in nature and in the temple
- Many private meditation locations that fit from 1-12 persons
- Projector & indoor screen for presentations
- Projector & large outdoor screen for evening entertainment
- Spiritual library; books and dvd’s
- Daily yoga class with guru or ashram teachers
- Transportation to/from Jodhpur, 4 people with luggage – ₹3,500
- New Yoga mats – ₹500 each
- Individual Yoga therapy & spiritual counseling – by donation
- Shridevi Wellness Center, open 8:00 a.m. – noon, Monday – Saturday, services & individual consultation – 1,000 each/1 hour
- Overnight Camel Safari & tour of Sachya Mata temple in Osian (4 person minimum) – ₹3,000
- For more information see: Your Stay at Shri Jasnath Asan.
Staff Available to Ensure Retreat Success
- Guru & Yoga Psychologist
- Retreat & Housing Coordinator
- Kitchen staff: chef; sous chef; assistant, servers/cleaners
- Private driver
- Gardener & grounds keeper
- The ashram is located 1.5 hours north west of Jodhpur.
- Fly into Delhi on Air India or KLM, arriving 4:30 AM
- Fly from Delhi to Jodhpur on Air India 12:40 PM
- We can pick you up at the airport if it is pre-arranged
- 6:30 – 7:30 A.M.
- 5:00 – 6:00 P.M.
- Appropriate for all levels
- Asana, Pranayama, Meditation
- Yoga instructors are accredited teachers from India, Europe and America
- Yoga and Ayurveda are the perfect combination to usher in wellness and tranquility
- Our full service Pancha Karma clinic provides credentialed technicians who can provide a variety of services including Shirodhara and Abhyanga.
- For the complete list of services see our a la carte menu at Ayurveda.
- Western medicine is very quickly acknowledging a viable collaboration between allopathic and yogic interventions for a wide range of ailments
- Credentialed and experienced Yoga Therapists provide a one-hour session to each retreat participant, prescribing specific asana and pranayama to alleviate (symptoms of) illness by realigning the body to the cosmos
- Rooms in the main palace and guest house are double shared with connected or community bath. They are sparse but modern and luxurious with contemporary, western bathrooms and hot water.
- The dormitories are cozy and clean with a community bathe house. Each dorm houses 6 persons.
- All accomodations are complete with linens. You must bring your own towel and toiletries.
- Our garden and farms provide most of our natural, organic ingredients which are prepared in the ashram kitchen.
- Meals indigenous to the region are a memorable experience. Most visitors post reviews of the meals and the family on our Trip Advisor site. SJA Trip Advisor
- Learn! We provide free cooking classes, a food blog Dal Days, and a cook book.
Customized Temple Tours
- Nagaur Fort
- Jodhpur Marenghar Forts
- Tour and dinner at Umaid Palace in Jodhpur
- Satchya Mata temple in Osian
- Camel ride into the sunset desert
- Return to camp for dancing performance, and local cuisine around an open fire
- Retire to luxurious tents with bath
- Morning yoga in the dunes with sunrise
- The Jasnathis of Rajasthan are renowned for their tantric powers and this dance is in keeping with their lifestyle.
- A large ground is prepared with their live wood and charcoal where the Jasnathi Siddhas jump on to the fire to the drum beats.
- The music gradually rises in tempo and reaches a crescendo; the dancers seem to be in a trance like state.
- Very few westerners have witnessed this.
Fun Options (Additional fees may apply)
- Visit to local Bishnoi outposts, and village families to see how they live in the desert successfully and joyfully
- Visit to the local middle school
- Visit the ashram’s Cow Yard
- Henna painting of hands or feet
- Day or overnight trip to ashram’s tree preserve, sleep under the stars
- Day of shopping in Jodhpur
Ashram Daily Schedule
|Aligning your retreat schedule with the ashram’s daily schedule is easy. We have many|
teaching and practicing venues to choose from.
|5:30||Wake up, Tea|
|6:30 – 7:30||Yoga Practice: Asana, Meditation, Pranayama|
|8:30 – 12:00||Therapy Appointments & Retreat Classes|
|12:00-5:00||Lunch, Rest & Personal Goals or Cultural Outing|
|7:00 – 7:30||Puja|
|8:30||Satsang (Spiritual discourse with guru)|
Why we do what we do
The Ashram Team
Besides the full-time residents of the ashram and visiting Seva, we house many volunteers from thevWest who come to learn and serve. The climate isvserene and kind. Visitors are welcomed as family.
“We look forward to practicing with you!”
Welcome to Shri Jasnath Asan
“We look forward to practicing with you!”
To learn more about the ashram, subscribe to our newsletter, or read our three interesting blogs, see www.shrijasnathasan.org
For direct inquiries or to reserve your retreat dates, email us at Info@shrijasnathasan.org
Find us online:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ShriJasnathAsanYogaScience
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/ShriJasnathAsan
- Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-d7695123