Yoga Teacher Training 200 Hour
Rajasthan Hatha Yoga Institute
Yoga Teacher Training – The Traditions of Hatha
December 1-22, 2018 Online – Theory
January 1-13, 2019 On Campus – Practical
Combination 2 weeks online and 2 weeks on campus.
|Daily Schedule, Monday – Saturday|
|5:30||Rise & Tea|
|6:00 – 8:00||Yoga Techniques (APMB)|
|8:00 – 8:30||Breakfast|
|8:30 – 9:00||Karma Yoga|
|9:30 – 11:30||Lecture 1: Lifestyle, Principles, Philosophy|
|12:00 – 14:00||Lunch, Rest, Library, Wifi, Laundry|
|14:00 – 15:00||Lecture 2: Anatomy, Physiology, Therapy|
|15:30 – 17:30||Lecture 3: Asana, Teaching Methodologies, Practicum|
|18:30 – 19:30||Dinner|
|19:30 – 20:30||Puja, Satsang, Mantra, Music, Medication|
|21:00||Study, Mauna, Lights Out|
- Demonstrating, Assisting, Modifying & Correcting
- Qualities of a good teacher
- Designing and leading a class
- Business of Yoga
- Yoga in the World today
- Student practicum
Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga and the human body
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to Kundalini &Chakras
- Introduction to the Five Koshas
- Yogic Nutrition
- Yoga and the Baghavad Gita
Yoga Lifestyle & Principles
- History and traditions of Yoga
- Schools of Yoga
- The discipline of Yoga – Patanjali’s 8 Limbs
- Yoga as science and therapy
- Introduction to the six Indian philosophies
- Introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Introduction to Hatha Pradipika
- Introduction to Gerhund Samita
Students are required to contribute one hour per day to our Karma Yoga program. Work can be
assigned such as cleaning, gardening, cooking and general campus maintenance. Otherwise,
students are asked to propose a special project, according to their talents and needs of the
ashram family and village community such as children or women’s yoga workshops on Sundays.
Student Interest & Qualifications
This program will be of interest to anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of traditional Hatha yoga. All participants will finish the program with a strong self-practice, the knowledge and skill to main
tain a healthy body through discipline and lifestyle. Those who want to be teachers will also gain the confidence and certification to guide students in the original yogic healing practice. Applicants must be capable of sustaining rigorous physical and mental education for 30 days.
- 100% attendance in all classes is required.
- Students must adhere to the ashram code of conduct at all times.
- Student withdrawal is unfortunate, and non-refundable.
Required Documents, Texts & Items:
- ‘Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha’ by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Other required reading will be sent in documents via email
Assignments:Some reading and writing work will be assigned prior to arrival to help students prepare, and to free some time while at the ashram.
Uniform: 2 sets of white cotton yoga pajama bottom and top, loose fitting and modest. High quality, Rajasthani cotton uniforms are available at the ashram. Include your request with registration application.
- Valid Passport and Visa, or Indian citizenship
- Passport photo
- Proof of payment
- (Email) Letter of acceptance
Yogeshwar Surajnath Siddh, RYT 500
Ashram leader, founder of Rajasthan Hatha Yoga Institute, and President of Shridev Trust, Surajnath is the program?s host and facilitator. With an M.A in Yoga Psychology, Bihar School of Yoga, Munger, he specializes in traditional Hatha and Tantra Yoga. His mission at the ashram is to deliver yogic wellness practices, education, and spiritual upliftment to all, in the pursuit of a world that is harmonized by love and peace. You can read more about him at GURU BIO. And you can enjoy his blog at Suraj Darshan
Shreejan Sita (Sherry Minnard), RYT 500
Director of Yoga Programs, Credentialed Yoga Therapist, MSc Psychology of Creativity and Leadership, State University of New York. Shree’s focus is on expressing human potential in transition. You can enjoy her blog at Shree Beeja.
Dr. Ram Dev
Physician of preventive and social medicine in Jodhpur hospital; Assistant Lecturer – Anatomy and Physiology
BAMS, M.D. (Ayurved- Panchkarma), National Institute of Ayurved, Jaipur; Rajasthan, Ayurveda Institute, Jodhpur -Lecturer and medical officer; author of Concise Panchkarma.
Sarah Appelt, Germany
500 RYT, Credentialed Yoga Therapist, Educated in Rishikesh and Indore.
Julia Maximo Ferrari, Brazil
500 RYT, Educated in Mysore and Rishikesh
Guests & Consultants
Dr. Kamakhya Kumar
Associate Professor, Dept. of Yoga & Health, Dev SAnskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar; Editor in Chief of Applied Yogic Science; Founder Indian Association of Yoga. Author of many publications, including Yoga Psychology – A Handbook of Yogic Psychotherapy, Dr. Kumar will be RHYI’s consultant in our Yoga Therapy lectures and activities.
Dr. Mrinalini Kumari
PG Dip in Yoga Edu; Certified in Naturopathy and Acupressure. Published yoga researcher and writer, 8 years experience as a lifestyle, diet, yoga, alternative medicine consultant, counselor, healer and therapist. Dr. Kumari will be Shri Jasnath Asan’s consultant in curriculum development and course coordination, ensuring our students receive the best education.
For further information on qualifications and certifications of our instructors, please Contact Us
The residential program also includes:
- Double occupancy room with washroom attached, or in the community center
- Three organic, Sattvic meals daily, including 2 chai or coffee
- 1 excursion to local temple plus 1 overnight stay at our Eco Retreat . Sleep under the stars in complete, desert silence! Other trips available upon request.
- Havan & Puja daily in the temple.
- Private spiritual counseling with Yogeshwar Surajnath Siddh
AFTER: January 26, 2019 Finish your Yoga Teacher Training in Rajasthan with an overnight camel safari into the tunes. Stay in a royal tent, watch indigenous desert dancers, have dinner & satsang under the stars, and finish with yoga at sunrise in the sane and a tour of an 1,100 year old mother goddess temple.
Continue your stay…
Of course, you are welcome to stay on at the ashram at the program’s conclusion for some R & R on your own either as a paying guest Your Stay at SJA or in our Karma Yoga program as a guest teacher.
Shri Jasnath Asan’s Teacher-In-Residence Program
You need to provide proof of 45 hours of teaching in three years to Yoga Alliance to retain your credential. Consider our 8 week Teacher-In-Residence program to accumulate some or all of your hours. We offer 6 morning classes weekly for adults, and 6 evening childrens classes. You can teach in any of these blocks. Supervision, guidance, and feedback is provided. There is no fee for this program, and no compensation. However, your housing, meals, and local transportation will be provided. Certificate of completion is available for your submission to Yoga Alliance.
Code of Conduct
A consistent practice of a healthy lifestyle begins with change and the adoption of new habits that are in line with your life purpose and goals.The code of conduct and schedule we have designed is based on the practical experience of thousands of spiritual visitors to this region – they are scientific and rational. Keeping to this code of conduct and schedule creates a very conducive atmosphere for transformation, and breaking them corrupts it.
- Abstention from: intoxicants, cigarettes, non-vegetarian foods
- Prohibited: killing, stealing, lying, cruelty to animals, people, or plants
- Those arriving at the ashram as couples are not restricted from intimacy except in public. Otherwise romantic interaction with ashram residents or visitors is strictly prohibited.
- Modesty in clothing is required, suited to the spiritual nature of the ashram and the customs of the region. Sunbathing is only permitted on the roof top with privacy.
- Women will cover their heads with a scarf in the temple and are restricted from these areas during menses.
- Residents are required to bathe daily, and before entering the temple. They are required to keep their rooms and clothes neat and clean. A modern laundry facility is available free of charge.
- Guests and residents are required to participate in the ashram family life/system: karma yoga, meals, kirtan, classes, etc.
- Yoga training participants will observe Mauna (silence) from the conclusion of Puja until conclusion of meditation class the following morning
50% deposit is required to reserve your seat. Instructions for payment will be sent to you once you receive your email acceptance letter. USD Payment options include: bank transfer, Pay Pal, Personal Check. The balance is payable on campus in Rajasthan when you arrive. The balance is payable in USD, Euro or Rupees.
All fees are non-refundable. However, if you register and then some unforeseen circumstance arises, preventing you from attending the course, a “Rain Check” can be issued so you can apply your payment to the next available program. To register for the camp, fill in the Register Now