Ayurveda Health Consultant Internship
28 December, 2020
To complete the certification as an Ayurveda Health Consultant, students must complete an internship under the guidance of a qualified Ayurvedic Physician. Interns are required to complete 50 units of Clinical Client Contact. This is defined as engagement in either observing or participating in a clinical Ayurvedic Consultation with a qualified Ayurvedic Practitioner present.
To fulfill the Internship requirements, the Intern is to complete the following:
- Keep a record of the client consultation events, signed and dated by the Ayurvedic physician
- Take notes and write a reflective and observational journal based upon each clinical experience
- From the journal, write a final report or paper
Records, journal, and final report will be evaluated by the internship director prior to submission to the student’s respective school.
Shridevi Wellness Center
The Ayurveda wellness center is located on the campus of Shri Jasnath Asan (ashram) in Northern Rajasthan, at the edge of the Thar Desert. Visitors to the ashram from local villages and abroad take part in yoga and Ayurveda retreats in a serene setting resplendent with green gardens and wildlife. The ashram is self-sustaining with acres of vegetable gardens, a 6,000+ fruit tree farm, pure bred family cows, and a small staff to ensure the health and safety of all residents.
The internship is supported by Rajasthan Hatha Yoga Institute, which is a part of the non-profit trust which is responsible for all the activities on campus. Its mission is
To deliver yogic wellness practices, education, and spiritual upliftment to all, in the pursuit of a world that is harmonized by love and peace.
The wellness center has welcomed students for supplemental education for 4 years, and now formalizes the offering in a structure which satisfies most Ayurveda schools around the world. The internship curriculum was conceived and created in accord with the standards proposed by the Central Council of Indian Medicine. It accomplishes the requirements of internships in U.S. and Europe through a 10-day/72-hour interactive program, under the guidance of 2 physicians, 1 compounder, and 1 Ayurvedic Health Counselor.
Shreejan Sita, MSc Psychology of Creativity and Leadership, State University of New York; Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist and Director of Rajasthan Hatha Yoga Institute. 30-year veteran therapist, certified through International Association of Yoga Therapists; educated through Chakrapani Ayurveda Clinic & Research Center in Jaipur and Paramanand Institute of Yoga Sciences in Indore, India; certified Ayurvedic Health Consulstant by Bodhananda Vedic Institute’s School of Ayurveda in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Dr. Navneet Dadhich, BAMS, National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur India. 11 years’ experience, currently working with government of Rajasthan as an Ayurveda medical officer, in Jodhpur. Registered under Central Council of Indian Medicine, Registration #24270
Dr. Keshav Sharma, BAMS, M.D. Ayurveda & Pancha Karma, National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur India. 20+ years’ experience. Currently working as the principal in Ayurveda hospital, Panchla Siddha, Rajasthan, serving ashram guests and villagers. Registered under Central Council of Indian Medicine, Registration #20484.
Contents & Activities of Internship
- Full consult with Ayurveda physician & yoga therapist for each intern
- 4 Pancha Karma services, according to need
- Large/small group observations of consults
- Independent 1:1 consults with clients
- Half day workshop in compounding and decocting simple remedies
- Continuing education, coaching, support
- Take home text/reference book
- Access to library of Ayurveda and spirituality
- Guidance in construction of records, final report, final reflection paper
- Orientation to Pancha Karma Technician competencies
- Tour of Rajasthan Ayurveda University and Hospital with observation of consults and pancha karma services
- Certificate ceremony upon successful completion of all internship components
- Double, shared room with bath and linens
- 3 vegetarian meals with 2 chai/coffee
- Transportation to/from Jodhpur airport
- 2 yoga classes daily
- Vegetarian cooking lessons
- Karma Yoga
- Daily wifi - 2 hours
- Overnight Camel Safari
- Travel insurance
- Medical emergencies, medications, consultations
- Extra travel
- Extra meals, snacks, juices
- Journals, papers, pens
- Sim card
|6:30 - 7:45||Yoga class|
|8:00 - 8:30||Breakfast|
|9:00 - 12:00||Internship activities|
|12:30 - 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 - 2:00||Karma Yoga|
|2:00 - 5:00||Internship activities|
|5:00 - 6:00||Yoga class|
|6:30 - 7:30||Puja|
|7:30 - 8:00||Dinner|
|8:00 - 8:30||Satsang|
|8:30 - 10:00||Study|
RegistrationSuggested donation: $1,300
50% deposit due by 1 November to reserve a seat.
“The therapeutic conversations with Shreejan Sita about psychology, spirituality, yoga and Ayurveda are still completely blowing my mind” – Tamara, Austria
“Shreejan Ma’am has an excellent, deep knowledge about yoga psychology. Her teaching makes students take even more interest in complex subjects. I really enjoyed her classes – simple, energetic, kind heart, and full of stories.” Harshada Padhye, student at Swami Vivakenanda University, Bangalore
“My students loved this workshop! They were able to connect and understand the subject because it was delivered by stories and examples. And of course I loved it and would definitely invite Shree to deliver more yoga therapy topics in the future.” Sandy, Dutchess Yoga, Wappingers Falls, NY>/strong>